I must say that there is lot of wisdom in this article.
Here are some ideas off the top of my head:
1. The Big Data Analytics industry – vendors, journalists, industry analysts – have flooded the market with messages as if no one ever used quantitative methods before
2. Because most of the content you see is generated by people who don’t actually use quantitative methods, it is:
– focused on technology
– full of the same use cases such as up-sell/cross-sell, churn, fraud, etc.
3. The real opportunity with Big Data and its attendant technologies is to get a richer understanding of those phenomena that are important to you
4. The rise of Data Science and Scientists is the invention of practitioners from the digital giants and not terribly relevant to most companies
5. Ultimately the benefit of Big Data Analytics will be better decisions born of better decision-making processes, not just informing people of findings. This was the weak…
View original post 239 more words